Sunday, June 29, 2008

Salty Seahorses!



My gorgeous friend Mel has set another challenge - this time to use the "Salted Background" technique. I'd never tried this technique before, and there must be a knack to it, because it sure was a challenge for me! One whole box of rock salt and several sheets of glossy cardstock later, I finally have something to show!

For my salted background I used Taken with Teal, Night of Navy & Brocade Blue reinkers. Then I carried those colours through onto the card. The seahorses are from Fishy Friends (which ironically I don't own but had stamped some of Mel's onto watercolour paper before leaving Katherine and have been waiting the perfect opportunity to use them!). I stamped "Miss You" (from Taggers Dozen) in whisper white craft ink onto Night of Navy punched out with the Rounded Tab Punch and finished it of with some Navy grosgrain.

Thanks again Mel for the challenge, I hope you like my contribution! I'm dedicating this card to You and all my other gorgeous friends in Katherine & Darwin, You know who you are - I miss you all so much!

Kaz xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating, Kaz!

Nerine .P. said...

This looks great Karen!

Congrats too, I've passed on a Brilliant Blog Award too you.

Cheers,
Nerine