Monday, June 9, 2008

Brayered Backgrounds

Finally...has anyone else had blogger problems? It's taken me three days to finally be able to post something!!

OK, recently I did a workshop for Ruth and the Crafty Sisters (Hi!), Ruth asked me to demo a masculine card (which I struggle with too!) so I thought it has to be Lovely as a Tree, and at the time I had been trying out some Michelle Zindorf tutorials on Brayered Backgrounds (check out her blog - that woman is AMAZING!!), so I decided to do a sunset...or maybe it's a sunrise...here it is...


I used the colour combo that Michelle used in one of tutorials - Really Rust, More Mustard and So Saffron, hers was snow so she had left the ground white - I added a brayered section in old olive then sponged it over with Always artichoke to get some grass like texture. Masking technique was used for the horizon line and the sun. The base card was stamped with the Speckled wheel and the greeting was from Wonderful Favorites - which worked out well because the ladies could tailor it to whoever their intended recipient was. If you'd like to have more detail on this card, I prepared an instruction sheet for the class which I'll happily email to you.

I also tried my hand at a moonlight version...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi
Love the moonlight version.
Great technique, must get a brayer.
Leah