Saturday, October 6, 2007

I've been Masking Blossoms...

I know its been a while since I've posted any of my creations for you guys - I've just been so busy making them! We'll that's about to change, I have made at least a dozen cards over the last week or so getting ready for WCMD tomorrow and my workshops. They've all been photographed and I will share them over the coming days.
To start off I thought I'd share some of the masking cards I've made in preparation for a workshop this afternoon...

This is the Level 2 Hostess stamp set Both Ways Blossoms I got this a couple of months ago and this was the first time I've used it! (all those holidays got in the way!) It's now one of my fav's!! The greeting stamp is from Warmest Regards (Level 1 Hostess set). Incidentally this card is to send to a Friend who was affected by the recent Bush Fires in Port Stephens (as were my parents). The cardstock colours here are Certainly Celery, Regal Rose & Confetti White (I use confetti white when I'm water colouring because its thicker than Whisper White and you get a nicer result). Blossoms were stamped in Stazon and water coloured with Watercolour Wonder Crayons and Aquapainter.

I like this one! It's relatively plain but I'm happy with the end result - very striking i think. Here instead of Stazon I coloured the blossoms with my Stampin Write Markers (Real Red & Glorious Green) and then spread the colour with my Aquapainter - this is a great way to achieve a water coloured effect. Cardstock colours are Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy, Real Red and Confetti White. The sentiment is from Riveting (Level 1 Hostess set) and there's also some linen thread on there.

That's all for now, but check back later - when I get home from this afternoons workshop I'll post the one we did as the make & take!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good, think that is great and thank you xm