Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finally Some Scrapbooking!!

Ok, I'm excited I got some scrapbooking done but really bummed by how bad these photos are! Anyway, I decided to start an album of our recent holiday to Broome. As I've said before the colours of Broome are just soooo beautiful - I couldn't wait to scrap them! (never mind the thousands of older photos waiting for my attention!) So this first page is the title page, its non-SU (except the hodgepodge) and it really does look much nicer IRL.






This next one is a shocking photo - sorry, I didn't realise it was so bad till I uploaded it - I'll try getting a better one tomorrow. The page is about the Japanese Cemetery in Broome. I don't know what it is about these places (I remember feeling the same way when seeing the one on Thursday Is), I think it's the thought that so many lives were lost for the sake of a piece of jewellery, the fact that so many were used and abused and that so many of the deaths were preventable, and that they were so far from home. But anyway I felt I had to scrapbook it. This one is mostly SU with the exception of some ribbon and the white rub-ons for the title. I used the Artfully Asian and Symbols of Solitude stamp sets, cardstock colours are Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Confetti White.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work Karen, can't wait to see them, I agree with you feelings, dreadful waste of life. xm