Sunday, January 11, 2009

Altered Tea Chest

I picked up this tea chest for a bargain price because some of the painted detail on the glass lid had been scratched off (see bottom right hand side of border). That very fact inspired me for some reason - I thought I could take all the rest of the paint off the lid and then make it into a hair accessory organiser/storage box for Breanna. I had all of her hair things in a box and it was a pain to find anything, so this divided tea chest was the perfect solution.

So on Friday night I set to work with the new Bali Breeze papers from the Summer Mini - such gorgeous colours! This is what eventuated...



All the products I used are Stampin Up! Bali Breeze DSP, Pretties kit flowers, Felt flowers, Rhinestone brads, rub-ons, & ribbons.

Here it is finished off and in use - I know I'm a bit anal - but I looove how organised and coordinated this is!!!




I'm really happy with how it turned out - it's been a great idea - even Rick is putting things away in their correct section!
I'd love to hear what you guys think...

7 comments:

Kylie said...

What a beautiful addition to any little (or even 'big') girls room. You must be feeling very creative at the moment Kaz and thinking outside the 'box'. I love it.

Mel Hanlon said...

great idea, Kaz! Very creative

Leah said...

What a brillant idea. And you have decorated the box beautifully.

Natasha said...

Ooh Karen, I LOVE this! Just gorgeous!
T xx

Tammy B said...

It looks fantastic Karen, what a great idea!

Sharon said...

Just lovely.

Karen said...

Hey Kazz - all I can say is WOWSERS!! It's just beautiful!

Karen