Sunday, October 5, 2008

SCS World Card Making Day Sketch Challenge

This was the sketch challenge posted at Splitcoast for WCMD... This is my contribution...
This is the first time I've done a SCS challenge - and I even uploaded my card their gallery!!! I thought it was about time I stopped being a silent stalker and started sharing my work!!
Back to the card...as you can see I decided to turn the sketch on its side. I was inspired by the pile of papers, card stock and ribbon that was left over from my WCMD class i held yesterday (which was Christmas themed and based on the Holiday Harmony DSP - photos soon I promise!). So I looked at the papers and beautiful pomegranate satin ribbon and thought a ha! - and it actually worked out pretty good if I do say so myself! Here's the recipe...
STAMPS: Season of Joy
INK: Always Artichoke, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock
PAPERS: Holiday Harmony DSP, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
OTHER: Purely Pomegranate Satin ribbon, half back pearl (pretties kit), theatre ribbon originals, dimensionals, circle punches
What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back! I really like this one!

Unknown said...

Great card Karen, love the layering with dsp and ribbon.