Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mick's Birthday Card...

My Brother celebrated yet another Birthday last week, this is the card I made him...

I was really laking inspiration when I made this, so I did my usual and grabbed some patterned paper! (If I'm stumped for where to start I find that looking at papers at least gives you some colours as a starting point) I was going through my stash and realised I hadn't made anything using the outlaw DSP. Soooo I decided to challenge myself with papers I'd never used AND a stamp set that hadn't seen daylight for a while - Loads of Love was the only one I could find that was sufficiently masculine!! This is what eventuated - not too bad for a quick card on a low inspiration day!!!

Now, my Brother also shares his Birthday with my beautiful Friend Helene (waving) , but unfortunately her card didn't turn out so well, I'm so embarrassed I wont even show it! Helene is so sweet she loved it anyway, but it really is one of my worst efforts ever!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great card Karen. I'm going to have to get the Outlaw paper for myself - I haven't splurged on it yet.