Saturday, May 31, 2008

My First Commissioned Work...

lol!! Well sort of...my Step Mother in Law asked me to make two Congratulations cards for her Niece who was being awarded the Baden Powell Award (the highest award you can get in Girl Guides). So I set to work and this is what I came up with...

This was the first one I made, the colours are Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose & Certainly Celery. The paper I used for the background is from Petals & Paisleys, the flower is from the Petties kit (coloured with Regal Rose ink)as is the brad, and the Congratulations is from All Year Cheer (retired). I was pretty happy with this one and set off on creating the next...

Then I made this one - this was my attempt to incorporate some Guiding type colours, but when I showed Rick he said "Oh yeah, that's a good card for a man" so back to the drawing (or stamping) board I went... (Colours here are Ballet Blue, Night of Navy, and Bravo Burgundy stamp is from my new convention set Nice & Easy Notes)

Still trying to get some blue in there I made this one - it's a case of one Alisa Tilsner had on her blog. I just loved it when I saw it and had to make it. The colours are Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. The tulip is from Garden Whimsy and the Congratulations is from Warmest Regards (retired). I used some of the Prints DS paper and some blue gingham ribbon. The problem with this one was, as much as I loved it, It just didn't suit a 16 year old girl - so back to the stamping board again...

And that's when I finally made the perfect congratulations card for Julie's Niece... It was inspired by a card Tash made for her Grandma for Mothers Day which I loved. The colours are Regal Rose, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie. I've used the Rose Red Prints paper for the background, the word stamps are from Wonderful Favourites (which is a wonderful set I just purchased and is set to become a favourite!!!) except the Congratulations which is Warmest Regards again. The flower is from Looks Like Spring, the faux stitching is done with the white gel pen and there's a little bit of pumpkin pie ribbon to finish it of.

Julie arrived with an extra order for 1 more card for her sister to give! She loved all the cards but ended up picking cards 1, 2 & 4 - she didn't think the 'man' card was manly at all! and she really loved the custom made Niece card! I was left with the ancient tulip card...but I was so inspired by that beautiful colour combo that I made a Birthday card for my new team member Amanda...

Here I've used the Happy Happy Birthday wheel and Garden Whimsy. I 'rock n rolled' the butterfly in not quite navy. Ive used the Celery Prints DS paper, some celery brads and some Bashful Blue striped Grosgrain. Happy Birthday Amanda!

See I have been busy...but wait there's more! I've at least another 5 cards to show you - I'll put some more up tomorrow! Cheers for now, Kaz

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Just gorgeous, as usual!! I'm glad I could inspire you for once (as you know, you are forever inspiring my work!)...
LOVE the tulip card, abd the 'man' card too.
Can't wait to see what else you have for us - I have an assignment due this Fri, so there's been no playing for me lately...

Miss you,
T x

Sharon said...

You have been busy Karen. All the cards are fabulous - as usual. I had my first workshop this weekend. You can check out the projects on my blog.

Anonymous said...

You did great with second card, I didn't think it was too manly, loved the one you made for Julie.
xm

Mandalika said...

You've been busy, busy, busy! Love all the cards (the blue one isn't too manly at all!). Thank you for my beautiful card, I love it!

Unknown said...

There all great, but my fav. is the first one. I like how you folded the flower and the colours.

Nerine .P. said...

Wow Karen,

You've been very busy. Everything looks GREAT!