Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Regional Swaps

I'm back from the Sydney regional seminar all inspired (and completely exhausted!!!) As promised I'm back here to post pictures of my swaps. Now they are definitely nothing flash - seeing as I didn't start them until Wednesday night last week I was hardly in the position to do anything real flash. Anyway I made 2 designs, one of which I did in two different colourways, a total of 40 cards altogether. Here they are:

This first one came about after making some flowers with the A Beautiful Thing stamp set for Mel's Punch Challenge card (see earlier post). After stamping the flowers I thought they would look cool on the Watercolour Vine...and this is what I came up with.

Stamps: A Beautiful Thing, Watercolour Vine Stampin’ Around Jumbo Wheel
CS: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Really Rust, Old Olive, Fall Flowers DSP
Inks: Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Old Olive, Sahara Sand Other: Groovy Guava double stitched grosgrain ribbon, five petal punch, ½” circle punch, dazzling diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen, sponge, StampinDimensionals, Snail

After 15 of the guava version of this card I was sick of it and had to try out a new colour combo. I'd got lots of feedback from people who loved this combo from an earlier card.

Stamps: A Beautiful Thing, Watercolour Vine Stampin Around Jumbo Wheel
CS: Taken with teal, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Old Olive, Old Olive Prints DSP
Inks: Taken with Teal, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive Other: five petal punch, ½” circle punch, StampinDimensionals, Snail

At the last minute I decided to do something with Always that was a little different, this was it.

Stamps: Always
CS: Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Real Red
Inks: Blue Bayou, Real Red, Wild Wasabi Other: ½” circle punch, photo corner punch, crop-o-dile (for small circles), crystal effects, StampinDimensionals, Snail

The Regional Seminar was fantastic and I will post the projects we made for you all to see very soon. The biggest disappointment for me was that I bought most of my swaps home with me :( !!We arrived too late on the Saturday morning to swap and by lunchtime most people had already done all their swaps. So if there is anyone out there who would like to swap a card with me for one of the above please leave me a comment with your email included or email me.

Have a nice night

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look awesome! So wish I was there! We will catch up soon for a chat!

Nerine .P. said...

I think their very pretty Karen!!!

Karen said...

Hi Kaz,

What gorgeous swap cards! I reckon they ARE pretty flash! lol

Karen
xo

Unknown said...

Great swaps, Karen.