Sunday, August 3, 2008

Spring Mini Catalogue Launch

Hi there! Well it's that time of year again - time for the launch of Stampin' Up!'s Spring Mini Catalogue!! Here's picture of the cover...

And it gets even better on the inside!! You can browse it online here or if you'd like me to send you a copy please email me your mailing address.
So to celebrate the excitement of all new rubber! I held a mini caty launch party compete with gifts and chocolate cake!! It was a small party but we had fun (Thanks for coming Jackie, Kylie, Lyn & Mum!). These are the cards we made...


I love how this card turned out, its simple but so effective. Its a "Joy Fold" card - they are so cute - I'm going to be making a lot more of those! Here's the recipe for this one:

Stamps: True Friend
Inks: Really Rust, Wild Wasabi
Papers: River Rock (textured), Really Rust, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
Assessories: Stampin Write Markers (Really Rust & Chocolate Chip), Circle Punches 1 1/4 & 1 3/8, Stampin Dimensionals

At the risk of sounding a bit happy with myself (lol!!!!) I love this card too! I was going for a bit of a shabby chic look with all that distressing and unevenness! The photo doesn't really do it justice, but we added some silver metallic ink refill to the almost amethyst before water colouring to give the flower a bit of shimmer. I made HEAPS of these cards (the same but different) practicing before the class - I'll put these up on my blog too - next time!
Stamps: Bloomin with Beauty
Inks: Almost Amethyst, Always Artichoke
Papers: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Prints DSP (Almost Amethyst- retired), Watercolour paper
Accessories: Almost Amethyst Ribbon (Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals)



The other card we made was an Orange "Scratch n Sniff". None of the cards pictured are actually it - but close enough! Here's the recipe... If you want to know how to do the scratch n sniff technique Mel as a great tutorial on her blog here
Stamps: Tart & Tangy
Inks: Pumpin Pie, Versamark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder, 'Tang' orange drink powder, circle punches and scallop circle punch.

The mini caty was a great excuse for me to make some of these "Sunnyboy" containers. These are so much fun - and so easy! The one in the back with the Thank U is the one I made for all the guests, inside was a sample of the new satin ribbons and a little chocky.

I unashamedly CASED this next idea from my team member Nerine. As soon as I saw her cute strawberry punnet I had to make one! Isn't it gorgeous! It was the lucky door prize and Kylie (who loves strawberries was stoked to win it!). Inside was 4 cute little love notes featuring the four different fruits in the Tart & Tangy set. The papers are from the Summer Picnic DSP.


I hope you liked some of my mini caty projects - I've lots more to show so stay tuned!

And just quick reminder - if you'd like to be in the draw my blog candy - get your comments in quick - I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow night at 8pm AEST. For more details see the blog candy post below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, nice to see some of your work! Looking forward to seeing more!

Sharon said...

Hi Karen, wht great projects! Gives me some ideas for my launch in 3 weeks time.

Anonymous said...

Loved Engagement card and swap cards, great work with new Spring catalogue cards xm