Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm home...to the dreaded Lurgi !!

Hi Everyone! I'm back from Convention - which was absolutely FANTASTIC!! The reason I haven't been able to post is that I arrived home to a very sick little girl and hubby! As if that wasn't bad enough I succumbed to it myself! We're all much better now though (thank god!).

Getting back to Convention, it was unreal! So much fun, so inspirational, motivating and educational. The highlight for me was seeing my gorgeous downline Mel again! I also got to catch up with My upline Sharon who I hadn't seen in 12 months, and I got to meet some of the stampers whose blogs I stalk! (hi Karen, Jean & Marelle) Another big plus was that I got to share the Convention experience with my beautiful friend Dannie! She loved it and it just may have tipped her over the threshold to sign up!!! More news on this soon....
Here's a picture of the four of us on stage under the Dream Big cloud (L-R Dannie, Me, Mel, Sharon)


I also got to do the stage walk!! Wow, still cant believe it! Big thank to my table at dinner who gave an almighty cheer when my name was called! I got a hug from Shelli and the really cute stamp set Short & Sweet. My award was for Level 1 recruiting (5-9 recruits) - so thank you, thank you, thank you, to all my lovely talented downlines who made it possible! And also as a result of my wonderful team I got to attend the Leadership class on Friday night (for Senior Supervisors and above) where we were given the Garden Whimsy set!!! I was soooo chuffed with that - It was on the top of my wish list! So girls there's something to aim for for next year! (Tash & Nerine you are both so close I'm sure you'll get there, and I know Mel has her targets set!!)
Here's me on stage with Shelli (hate this photo of me! but just had to show that I did actually hug her!)

Here's everyone from our table at the Dinner with Shannon (SU trainer from USA). L-R me, Mel, Claire, Sharon, Shannon, Julie, Dannie, Leah. Thanks guys for being a great cheer squad!




We also got to do some great make & take projects, it was great fun working with Sharon, Mel and Dannie. We had lots of laughs - mostly at my expense! Here's some piccies of what we made - a scrapbook page, a cute little box, two water coloured love notes and a card. Very cool!




I'm sure you've all heard by now, but it was announced that next years convention will be in Canberra on the 1st & 2nd of May 2009, cant wait to do it all again! In the meantime we have regionals in Sydney in September! YAY! The other exciting news was that next year we will get to pre-order from the new catty during March!!!

If you're in the Newcastle region - I'm full of inspiration and would love to share what I've learnt with you, please contact me to host a workshop or attend a class.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Karen,
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Congratulations on getting to cross the stage.
Sharon

Natasha said...

WOW! Congratulations too! I have already hit Paul up about heading to Canberra next year and I am hoping REALLY hard that the regionals in Adelaide in Nov will be at the end, when I'll be down there anyway.
BTW, LOVE your dress!

T xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again!!
Love the photos, hope I can have a copy. xm