Monday, July 30, 2007

Spring Mini Launch

Hi everyone, my apologies for the gap in posts - things have been a bit hectic around here, and my modem is playing up so its proving a challenge to get on (and stay on) the net long enough to do anything!

The Spring Mini Catalogue launch night went well. I held it in conjunction with my normal Friday night technique class - this one was the Shaving Cream Technique, so all the projects were made using shaving cream background, new stamps from the mini catalogue and colours inspired by the mini cat cover - cool caribbean, certainly celery and pretty in pink. Here's some pictures of the cards we made:

This one and the next one both use the new Bundle of Joy set. The one below also uses the hostess set Riveting.
This next one is made with my new favorite set Scribble This...


My guests received one of the new Long Notes from the mini cat as a gift, it was a small group so we got through the other projects quicklyand decided to make a card using it on the night. We used the Scribble Stampin Around Jumbo wheel for this one...

The scalloped edge was done with the slit punch. Watercolouring was done with Watercolour Wonder Crayons and the cool caribbean ink pad (because it doesn't come in a crayon) using the Aquapainter and/or Blender Pen.

Here's a picture of what everyone got when they arrived...their kit, a copy of the mini caty, the long note and a gift box with a chocolate bar in it which I stamped with the new Petals Jumbo wheel. I attached a tag made with the new Round Tab Punch to the chocolate bar wrapper so it could be pulled out of the box. I also stamped the cello bags using stazon with stamps from the Scribble This set...


These photos aren't great - I'm sorry - I'm photographically challenged! This is why Rick usually takes all our photos. I must get him to show me how to do it better. All the cards really do look better IRL!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kit looks so good, wish I was able to come to your class. xm