Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad

My Dad celebrated his 60th Birthday on Saturday. It wasn't until I went to make his card that I realised I have no masculine stamps whatsoever! I have quite a few traditional birthday stamps, but balloons and cakes weren't going to cut it either...so with limited supplies this is what I came up with...I've used papers from the Recollections Designer Series (have I mentioned their my favorites!) The cardstock colours are inspired by the papers - Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss & Very Vanilla. Stamps sets used were Headline Alphabet (for Dad) and Eat Cake (for the background and Happy Birthday) stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. I've used some Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware and white grosgrain ribbon which I coloured with Cranberry Crisp ink. I also used some Chrystal Effects on the letters. OK for my first real attempt at a masculine card, but some new (masculine) stamp sets are definately in order!

No comments: